'Bachelor' star Brad Womack proposes to Emily Maynard, rejects Chantal O'Brien

The Bachelor star Brad Womack picked Emily Maynard as his final bachelorette and proposed to her during Monday night's fifteenth-season finale of the ABC reality dating show. "You made me the happiest guy since the first time I met you. I've wanted to tell you I've loved you for so long. I mean this, Em. I want to spend my life with you. I love you," Brad said. "I'm in it forever." "Promise?" Emily asked. "Give you my absolute word," Brad insisted. Brad, a 37-year-old bar owner from Austin, TX, selected Emily, a 24-year-old children's hospital event plannerfrom Charlotte, NC, over Chantal O'Brien , a 28-year-old executive assistant from Seattle, WA, during the finale. "It doesn't make sense. I feel like what we had was so special and I was sure that Brad was the one. I really felt like Brad and I had that thing. That we were going to be able to be together and my heart just really hurts right now," Chantal lamented after Brad rejected her at the season's final Rose Ceremony. "I just feel really stupid. How could I have been so convinced that he was the one and he didn't even love me? There's part of me that's scared I'm not going to find love." The Bachelor's fifteenth-season finale began with Brad individually introducing Emily and Chantal to his family, who had traveled from Austin, TX, to Cape Town, South Africa, the finale's filming location. Chantal was the first bachelorette tomeet the family members -- which consisted of Brad's mother Pamela, his twin brother Chad, his little brother Wes, and his brothers' wives.Emily then followed the next day. Both visits went very well and featured the women telling Brad's family they were in love with him. The girls had individual conversations with Brad's brothers together and then a private talk with his mother. Brad's brothers formed a great first impression about Chantal. "My immediate reaction to Chantal was she is this lively, vibrant person -- incredibly attractive -- immediately she clicked with the family," Wes said. "My entire family embraced Chantal.She's a sweet, beautiful, wonderful girl, and I could definitely see Brad and Chantal together. I hope we're going to be planning a wedding," Pamela gushed. Chad then told Brad that Chantal was incredible and he could tell she really loved him. "Chantal came and met my family and she completely, completely wonthem over. Chantal's hard not to love, but it goes so far beyond that. My family can actually see me with Chantal," Brad said. While Brad and his family both seemed taken with Chantal, she wasalso busting at the seams with happiness. "I am so in love with Brad. I am. I amready to change my life for him. I do honestly feel like in my heart of hearts that Brad and I are going to be together," Chantal said. "Chantal is such an extraordinary woman. She loved my family. My family loved her. No doubt I can see myself proposing to Chantal. If everything works out, I will marry her," Brad explained. Emily then met Brad's family the following day and she shared her tragic story about her former fiance who died in a plane crash and her subsequent discovery that she was pregnant with his child. After hearing the story, Brad's family got emotional and could not help but connect with the southern sweetheart.

Popular Posts