Cardboard Heaven: 2010 Bowman Sterling from the Local Shop

I bought two packs of Bowman Sterling and here's a plethora of Auto's (you get three hits per pack!). Tyrell Jenkings and Peter Tago were both first round picks in the 2010 Draft (50th and 47th overall, respectively.) Christian Colon played for Cal State Fullerton and was the 4th overall pick in last year's draft. I also pulled a RC auto of Carlos Santana, who is a stud and probably the best young catcher in the game not named Buster Posey. Here's a base card, but wait, this one is actually a refractor and numbered to 199. Here's a US Baseball dual relic of Kyle Winkler /199. This card is pretty nice. I don't really like the US baseball cards, but I guess they're ok. I do like this one though. Jason Esposito Patch Auto Black Ref /25. Dang, that's a mouthful. It's kind of pathetic that I could buy this same card for about ten bucks on eBay, but I really enjoy pulling these beauties fresh out of the wax. But with all those Autos, game used, refractor, numbered cards in there, this is probably the best card I pulled. Yep, I drop close to $100 bucks and the best card I get is a base rookie card of Buster Posey.
I realize that Carlos Santana is no Buster Posey, but I think that his auto should be worth more than a base RC card of Posey. Santana put up nice numbers in the minors: .316 13HR in only 57 games in AAA last year. He's a straight up slugger. And an auto of the #4 Draft pick. I'm not saying the Posey should be less valuable or that the autos should be more valuable, but I think that the autos might be a better buy at their respective price.
Via Cardboard Heaven: 2010 Bowman Sterling from the Local Shop

Popular Posts