NES MP3 player and speakers

nes-mp3.jpg


Gamer Morte Moya put together an MP3 player from an old NES controller, and then took it a step further by making a speaker out of an NES game cartridge. He says:
“Some of you may have seen my NES Controller MP3 player. This is a companion project for it. I sometimes like to sit around and listen to music so I made these powered speakers. And since it was to go with the NES controller I made it in a NES cartridge. Now before you even read any further. These are not really loud. Just so you know. They are great for sitting at your desk, but you would not want to have them as music for a party or anything. Now you could make a larger more powerful amp, but I didn’t. Just FYI.”
First a computer mouse, and now an MP3 player and speakers? I'm excited to see what the future holds in the noble art of NES controller stuffing. I think if I try hard enough I might be able to fit my entire car into there.
More images and video of the NES sound system after the jump.

Continue Reading " NES MP3 player and speakers "

Popular Posts