Rex Ryan Compares Himself to Teddy Roosevelt, Babe Ruth

032211ryan.jpg

If you thought a little NFL lockout was going to keep Rex Ryan from leading the Jets to TOTAL VICTORY, you've got another thing coming. Because Rex Ryan carries a big stick, hits it out of the park, and never says die...or something. The coach said at the NFL league meetings, “They talk about walk softly and carry a big stick. I love that. I agree with that 100 percent. But I guess I feel more like Babe Ruth. I’m going to walk softly, I’m going to carry that big stick and then I’m going to point and then I’m going to hit it over the fence."

Ryan continued, saying that there's no reason he shouldn't talk up his team: “Babe Ruth had to walk up there by himself. But if everything was up to me and that we were going to win I’d hit one out, I believe myself I’m going to hit it out. More importantly, I believe in everybody—our players, our coaches, the fan base we have established here, everybody in the organization." When asked if these constant proclamations were getting a bit stale, he asked, "How am I crying wolf? We built a perennial winner. Now we've just got to find a way to get it done. All I want is to win two more games." However, if the lockout continues, that's just more time Ryan can devote to his acting career.

Via Rex Ryan Compares Himself to Teddy Roosevelt, Babe Ruth: Gothamist

Popular Posts