Russell Crowe, Tracy Morgan apologize for controversial rants

russell-crowe-tracy-morgan.JPG

Russell Crowe apologized to hisTwitter followers who felt he mocked their religious traditions when he jokingly asked his Jewish friends to reject circumcision for their children.After calling circumcision “barbaric and stupid” and asking, “Is it real that God requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect,” Crowe tweeted this: “I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats, but stop cutting your babies."Most of his circumcision-related tweets were later deleted, and although he still believes circumcision is wrong, he said he was sorry for those who took offense. “I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities. I’m very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress. My personal beliefs aside I realize that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry.”Director Eli Roth, one of the Jewish pals to whom Crowe directed his tweet, clearly didn't take any offense. About Crowe, Roth tweeted, "One of the nicest people I have ever been lucky enough to meet and work with. AND RESPECTFUL OF ALL RELIGIONS

Read more at http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/

Popular Posts